Sunday, November 14, 2010

Getting Creative

Hi Everyone...sorry for the delay.  I wanted to post on my new sewing machine but thought I should probably use it first.  I kept putting it off even though I have had the material for my new pillows and pillow covers for months now (in anticipation of getting a new machine).  Last night I finally decided enough is enough and I got it all plugged in and threaded and got to work.  I was embarrassed that it only took me about 1 1/2 hours to cut out the material for 8 pillows and sew them.  I should have done it a long time ago.  I am also embarrassed that my real motivation was to make sure the machine actually worked before Amazon wouldn't take it back since I have had it for over a month now.

After months of trying to decide on a machine, I settled on the Brother CS6000i seen below.  It was very easy to set up and start using.  Now I need to go back and read the manual and learn how to really use it.


And....here are the new pillows...you can see I at least have a fan in my dog Waldo....or maybe he just wanted his picture in my blog.  They look a little saggy because I need to finish the bottom hem with some velcro so I can take them off/on to wash....since Waldo thinks they are for him.



Now on to bigger and better projects...who knows what might be next.  Any suggestions?

I also was busy yesterday making Chocolate Cinnamon cupcakes.  Another recipe from the lovely Angela at  my new favorite place Oh She Glows Cupcake Recipe  and Spiced Buttercream Frosting.  You have to scroll down past the pumpkin gingerbread recipe for the frosting. The pumpkin gingerbread recipe is also delicious!!





All in all it was a pretty productive weekend.  I also got my order put in for supplies to make soy candles, incense and soaps.  Will keep you up to date on how that all works.  Any suggestions on scents or scent mixtures you might like...let me know.  I am on the mad search to find a mixture of essential oils for migraines to help my darling Emma from her suffering.  I am also looking for a mixture to help my stepmother with the pain and swelling in her knee from a replacement surgery gone wrong.


I have avoided heavy topics this post since I had such a nice fun weekend.  The weather down here in south Florida has been spectacular.  This is why people live down here.  75-85 during the day...while others are shoveling snow.  Funny thing though, on Friday night at my son's marching band performance, it was 72 degrees.  I had layered to t-shirts and was wrapped up in a sweater with my tennis shoes on (I never wear anything but sandals, flip flops or open toed dress shoes) to keep my feet warm.  I was freezing.  My favorite band mom had on a winter coat, gloves, scarf and fur lined boots.  I wish I had a picture for all you northerners to laugh at....but darn it...we were cold.

Next post this week will be on Self Sabotage...stay tuned...

Til then...Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment