Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks.....

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

I was lucky to have two of my sons, Casey and Jacob and two of Jacob's friends from work, Victor and Andre, join me for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday.  We had to celebrate on Wednesday due to work schedules.  I got up and put the turkey in around 6:45am because we had to eat around 1:00pm so Victor could get to work.  We had lots of good food and the guys brought pies from work that were delicious.  After we ate and Victor left, Jacob, Casey, Andre and I played a card/board game called Sequence for the rest of the afternoon.  After the that Jacob and Andre took naps....I should have too.  That was Thanksgiving day in a nut shell.  Thursday, I did some cleaning, laundry and reading.  Today I picked up Sierra (my little sister from Big Brothers/Big Sisters) and we started painting my entry way - pics to come later.  What did you guys do?



  (That turkey was a work of art if I say so myself)

As many of you know, I have been a struggling vegan for almost a year now....but all bets were off for Thanksgiving.  I will discuss my journey in the vegan world in a future blog.

I thought I should make a list of things I give thanks for to celebrate the season.....

1.  I am thankful for my three sons who give me a reason to breathe everyday.
2.  I am thankful for my beautiful granddaughter Trinity and her incredible mother, Emma.
3.  I am thankful for my mother who lives her life to take care of everyone around her.
4.  I am thankful for my father who has filled my life with laughter and adventure.
5.  I am thankful for my stepmother who has always made my brother and I feel like we were her own children.
6.  I am thankful my dog and two cats (most of the time :-) )
7.  I am thankful for the happy, happy memories I have of my grandmother on my mom's side and all of my dad's relatives that I was lucky enough to have in my life before they passed on.
8.  I am thankful for all the good friends I have had throughout my life.
9.  I am thankful for the incredible new friends I have made here in South Florida.
10.  I am thankful for the health of myself, my friends and my family!!

What is on your list?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend....next post coming on Sunday.

Til then....Kathi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment