Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Struggling Vegan.....

Well...I survived the Thanksgiving weekend...however, I have been feeling like I am moving through molasses this week.  I don't know where all my energy went.  Maybe it's just the thought of all the stuff I need to do to get ready for Christmas now and all the stuff on my plate for 2011.  I know...I know...one day at a time.....

I did get one thing done on my list over Thanksgiving.  I painted my entry way a yummy mulberry color.  I think my son Casey was horrified when he saw the color....but I like it.  Below is a picture.  I should have taken a before picture of the horrible, ugly, off-white/dirty white standard apartment color it was.  You will also notice that I now need to paint the trim due to having a 10 year old helping me paint.  I was glad to have her help though and I think she enjoyed it too.


I also thought I would include some pics of my two cats relaxing while I was working from home yesterday.  It makes me want to nap too.

Sadie




Maris




Now on to today's topic....

In February of this year, I decided to change to a vegan lifestyle.  This means no animal products of any kind.  Many who know me would laugh at this because they know I don't like very many vegetables.  However, I have been about 80% successful.  I have my moments of weakness (especially when I am near Chik-Fil-A or pizza).  I also have my moments of laziness.  Lately, I have been really terrible...not so much eating animal products but living as a junkfood vegan.  I have had a diet lately of food with little to no nutrition...hence the need for a nap....and I am having trouble snapping back out of it.

The funny thing is that I am kind of caught in a weird place now.  I have been thinking lately that I would lighten up on my food choices but after having become aware of where our meat supply is coming from and how the animals are treated and slaughtered....I don't want to go back to that.  It makes me sick just thinking of it.  Even when I do lapse, it makes me sick. I'm not sure where to go now.  I guess I really just need to get my mind/heart back to a healthy place so I start feeling better again.  Any thoughts on this?  Any one else have comments/issues with their food lifestyles?  Tonight I think I will make my most favorite food I have discovered since becoming vegan....black bean burgers!!  Maybe this will help me feel better and get me back on track....I really LOVE them.  I will post pics and a recipe in my next post.

Here's to living a healthy lifestyle....

Til next time...Kathi

2 comments:

  1. Gotta remember, if chickens were on the top of the food chain, they'd probably eat us too. Just a benefit of being on top lol. Eat freely lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of your entryway! It's such a fun and inviting color!

    ReplyDelete