Monday, December 6, 2010

Catching up on Reverb 10 manifestations

Time to play a little catch up.  Since I did not write at all this weekend....I will write about assignments 4, 5, and 6.

#4 - Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)

 You know....one of the reasons I started this blog is because I think I lost my sense of wonder this year.  I forgot to "stop and smell the roses" or maybe I didn't forget, it just wasn't a priority.  Obviously, I will need to work on this for 2011.  Living near the ocean should make this easy as just standing on the shore watching the power of the water gives you a sense of wonder of where did the water come from...where is it going....what is it doing?





#5 - Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

This is a biggie for me this year.  I have let go of my fear of exposure and failure.  That's been huge and freeing.  I love these quotes from Anais Nin and Marianne Williamson.....I think they sum up the past couple of months for me.

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin





Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
          Marianne Williamson



#6 - Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)  

I used my new sewing machine to make the pillows I showed in a previous post.  I am trying to get busy with making some incense, candles and soap.  I have everything I need...but again with the procrastination of taking the first step.  What if it doesn't work?  What if they smell terrible?  What if...what if...what if....

I have promised myself that tomorrow night I will make the final decision on the scent(s) that I will use and get started with the incense first.  I will let you know how that goes.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment