Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wow....a week's worth of catch up time

Ok....this last week got away from me completely.  It was full of high school band concerts, high school football games, horse races, working from Saturday night 11:00pm - Sunday morning 6:15am, clothes shopping for Casey (to help him "get a girlfriend"), hockey game, and finally.....Zach, Emma and Trinity coming back to live on the mainland from Hawaii.....I can't wait.

Notice there is no mention of Christmas shopping or candle/soap making.  Is Christmas really next week?...Yikes.  I will put on my Scarlett O'Hara hat and say "I will think about that tomorrow".....wait...I am running out of tomorrows.

Is everyone else ready?  Casey leaves on Saturday to go to his dad's for two weeks.  If I don't put up the tree with him tomorrow night....it may just not go up.  I know, I know, it needs to go up.  I will eventually get it put up.  Christmas is kind of scattered for us.  Jacob may be over in the wee hours of VERY early Christmas morning or not...I won't have Christmas with Casey until Jan. 1 when he comes back.  Zach, Emma and Trinity will kind of be all over the place until after the first week of January so I won't send their stuff til they move into their new apt.  Just crazy this year.

Things are feeling a little out of control right now.  I need to stop and remember to breathe (and of course I always need more sleep).  Do you all forget to breathe sometimes too?  If I stop and observe my own body periodically, I find my shoulders are pulled up to my ears and I am holding my breath.  At least I notice that now and can then release my shoulders and take a couple of deep breaths.   I thank yoga for that learned awareness.  Another funny thing I noticed through yoga is that my right leg is completely rotated inward.  Weird I never noticed that before.  I knew I had to wear corrective shoes when I was young but no one has ever mentioned that I had that little defect - or my own special uniqueness.

Hopefully, work should be a little less hectic the next two weeks (fingers crossed) and I can pull myself back together and get some things accomplished.  Make sure all of you take some "me" time during the holidays.  Whether it's a hot bath, a little meditation, quiet time with friends, watching the snow fall or whatever makes you happy...just take the time and do it.

Here is my store of pictures from the last week:

This is Casey's riding home outfit after his band concert.  Don't you love the basketball shorts and reeboks with the tux jacket, tux shirt, cummerbund, black socks and bow tie?  At least the shorts are formal black.  Cuts quite the figure, doesn't he?


Next are the pretty winning horses at the races.  Much to Jacob's chagrin, I cashed a winning $2 show ticket on all eight races we were there for.  I think my new occupation should be "horse race whisperer".  These are a couple of my winners coming into the winners circle.  Each one of them looked me in the eye in the paddock and told me they would win for me.  Thank goodness I was listening.  :-)



Last but not least, here is my view from the hockey game last night.  I have never sat so close at hockey.  Thanks to my very sweet friend Kellie for sharing her tickets with us (even if she is a Marlins fan).


And for all you frozen northerners....here is a south Floridian at Hockey dressed like Nanook of the North.  Way too funny (although it was really cold in there).


I will try and catch up on my Reverb10 prompts tomorrow and Saturday. 

Til then.....Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment