Friday, December 3, 2010

Manifesting Day 3

Here is my writing assignment for Day 3 from Reverb 10.

Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

This was kind of an easy one for me.  The happiest 2 1/2 weeks of 2010 for me were at the end of June when I was so lucky to have my year old granddaughter, Trinity, here in South Florida with me.  Her parents were on a trip to Ecuador and Grandma got Trinity all to herself!  Of course, I did have to share her with her Uncle Jacob and Uncle Casey.

During this time my life was filled with the softness of a baby girl's hair....the wonderful smell of a baby getting out of the bath....her little voice babbling nonsense....lots of pink clothes and big blue eyes....and so much laughter.

At the pool....can you believe those eyes??


Uncle Casey thought we should start her tennis career as soon as possible
 
This was taken when we stopped on the way back to the Atlanta airport where we were meeting up with her parents.  She wasn't too sure about the toy alligators on the floor.  She also wasn't very happy that Grandma had put her shoes on the wrong feet...oops.

 Uncle Casey got his first exposure to handling small children.  He got to babysit during the day while I was at work.  He did a great job and taught her lots of good things because he didn't want to have to do them for her.  She learned to feed herself with her spoon and to be able to drink out of her sippy cup by herself.

Uncle Casey and Trinity watching TV

 We also had a great time when Uncle Jacob came to visit.  He was lucky enough to be in Hawaii when she was born but hadn't seen her since then. 

Uncle Jacob and Trinity reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear


On the way back to Atlanta, we decided to make a pit stop at the Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals baseball game.  Jacob, Casey and I are fanatical baseball fans (of the NY Mets) and decided we wanted to take Trinity to her first baseball game.  I can still hear her squealing when the crowd was cheering and trying to do the "Tomahawk Chop" with the Braves fans.  I remember the smell of the french fries we fed her and all the baseball sounds and smells of the stadium.  I'm so glad we got to share that with her.  While she won't really remember it, we will never forget it.






Life as a grandma....the best ever.

1 comment:

  1. I think we had the same best 2 1/2 weeks! This last week has been really great too though, Trinity has been a complete Mommy's girl and I went to acupuncture twice :)

    ReplyDelete